Ukrainians in Herefordshire


Information for Ukrainian families and their hosts on how to access NHS services

More Information



Herefordshire General Practice was open throughout the pandemic. However, the way it operates has changed in order to provide the best service to patients within available resources.

This video outlines some of these changes and explains how you can help us to help you.


people wearing masks

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Get the latest NHS information and advice about coronavirus (COVID-19)

More Info

How can I book an appointment outside of normal hours?

You can see a GP, Nurse or Healthcare Assistant outside of normal hours by using the improved access service. Click here for more information

What do I do if I’m not registered with a GP?

If you are not registered with a GP, you won’t be able to make an appointment with a GP surgery or with the Taurus Improved Access Service. If you have an immediate medical problem that needs urgent attention, we would advise you to call 111 for assistance. Alternatively, for less urgent issues, you can register as a temporary resident if you plan to live near a GP surgery for up to three months. For example, if you’re working away from home, studying or on holiday. After three months, you will have to apply to register with that surgery as a permanent resident.

How do I register with a GP?

Anyone can register with a GP. You do not need proof of address or immigration status. To register, firstly you should locate a GP surgery that’s in your area. You can do this here

Choose a surgery that fits your needs and then contact them to say you want to register. Ask them what you need to do next in order to become one of their registered patients.

Can a GP surgery refuse to register me?

Yes, in certain circumstances your chosen GP may refuse to register you. This may be because:

  • They are not taking on any new patients
  • You live outside the practice area and they are not accepting patients from other areas
  • You have previously been removed from their register
  • The surgery is a long way from your home and you need extra care, for example home visits. If that is the case, please choose and contact an alternative GP surgery.

If you are having difficulties registering with a GP surgery, call NHS England on 0300 311 22 33.

I’m not sure who to go to for help

If you’re not sure who to go to for help, take a look at the handy guide to local NHS services over on the Herefordshire and Worcestershire Clinical Commissioning Group’s website.

Have you used one of our services?

We’d love to know about your experience. Please fill out this very short questionnaire