GP Flexible Workforce Pool
The Flexible GP Pool offers you access to a range of options: salaried or locum, flexible or fixed, in and out of hours, face-to-face or remote sessions.
The EMIS clinical platform is utilised across all of these options, including (uniquely in the UK) in the out of hours environment. This enables joined-up patient care as you will be able to see the whole record and patient history before any diagnosis is made.
We offer good rates of pay and benefits that reflect your experience and leadership. In addition, we provide a range of training and CPD opportunities that can be tailored to your requirements. We are passionate about 24/7 General Practice and enabling our workforce to make every contact count.
It would be remiss of us not to mention the beautiful, green county in which we operate. Herefordshire has a population of around 200,000 people, split into five PCNs (two city based, the remainder covering the market towns/rural areas). At a time when many people have reflected on and re-evaluated their quality of life, we can offer clean air, wide open spaces, unspoilt countryside, a vibrant cathedral city and bustling market towns.
If you are interested and would like an initial discussion, please submit your CV.
(Dr Rod Champ)
HEREFORDSHIRE REMOTE HEALTH
Have you any availability to provide remote GP support for practices in hours between now and the end of March?
- What is the role?
- Remote telephone or video support for GP practices
- 12 minute appointments to manage conditions that the patient feels can be managed remotely
- 4 hour sessions 0900-1300 1030-1430 1300-1700 – including two admin appointments
- What is the pay?
Benefit from short term enhanced pay rate to ease winter pressures
- £80 per hour locum OR
- If already employed by Taurus on fixed or flexible hour contract: enhanced salaried rate of £65 an hour
- What do I need?
- An EMIS enabled laptop with VPN (or we can provide hotdesk)
- Reliable internet connection
- Smart card
- A room where you can provide confidential patient calls
- Accurx account
- What will Taurus provide?
- A soft phone (internet phone)
- A headset
- Digital and IT support
- Access to When I Work App to book shifts
- A training video to introduce the service and tools to do the job (eg onward referrals, face-to-face appointment, alerts to practice)
- Admin and medical support for a shift
- How do I sign up?
If you are already on Taurus bank/employed by Taurus you need to:
- Contact email@example.com to ensure you are digitally enabled
- Send time sheets to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a partner or salaried GP in a federation practice, contact us to find out more
If you are new to Herefordshire General Practice or are a locum, contact us to find out more
As this service with its enhanced rate is time limited, you will need to ensure you have all the necessary paperwork ready to go so we can fast track your recruitment.
However, we also have a number of other opportunities beyond this time period, so we’d love to hear from you.