GP Flexible Workforce Pool
The Flexible GP Pool offers you access to a range of options: salaried or locum, flexible or fixed, in and out of hours, face-to-face or remote sessions.
The EMIS clinical platform is utilised across all of these options, including (uniquely in the UK) in the out of hours environment. This enables joined-up patient care as you will be able to see the whole record and patient history before any diagnosis is made.
We offer good rates of pay and benefits that reflect your experience and leadership. In addition, we provide a range of training and CPD opportunities that can be tailored to your requirements. We are passionate about 24/7 General Practice and enabling our workforce to make every contact count.
It would be remiss of us not to mention the beautiful, green county in which we operate. Herefordshire has a population of around 200,000 people, split into five PCNs (two city based, the remainder covering the market towns/rural areas). At a time when many people have reflected on and re-evaluated their quality of life, we can offer clean air, wide open spaces, unspoilt countryside, a vibrant cathedral city and bustling market towns.
If you are interested and would like an initial discussion, please submit your CV.
(Dr Rod Champ)
Flexible GP Support Package
Joining the Flexible GP Pool attracts additional benefits to support you in your role. As part of the flexible pool you would have access to:
- Local GP Champions, offering support, advice and guidance
- Peer Support and Networking opportunities to form professional relationships with those working in a similar area
- Continued Professional Development (CPD)
- Tailored Education & Training aimed at supporting those working in similar groups
- Access to GP Mentoring Service and Health & Wellbeing Initiatives
- Dedicated Learning Management System (LMS) Resource
- Clinician Welcome Pack
The NHS Herefordshire and Worcestershire Clinical Commissioning Group have provided a Clinician Welcome Pack for those clinicians new to the area. This can be accessed here
- Learning Management System (LMS)
GPs within the Flexible GP Pool area can access support through the Herefordshire and Worcestershire Training Hub on our Learning Management System.
The LMS has a dedicated area for the Flexible GP pools where clinicians can find resources, engage with the forum area, network and find links to opportunities and training.
This page is supported by the Flexible GP Champions and they run regular welcome sessions to introduce themselves, their role and how they can support you. To find out more information please register with LMS and follow Live Sessions.
Register on the LMS here. When you get to the practice and PCN registration question there is the option “Flexible GP Pool” please select this for both. If you have any difficulties, please contact email@example.com and we will be happy to help you.
Introduction to Flexible GP Champions
Dr Loretta Shoderu and Dr Ali Al-Hakim were appointed as Flexible GP champions across the counties of Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
Ali has worked as a full-time partner for 7 years. He currently works as a salaried doctor at Chaddesley Corbett Surgery and locum around the Wyre Forest region. Loretta also has vast experience working as a locum GP in Worcestershire.
Loretta and Ali both have had personal experience of the realities and challenges facing locum GPs. Their primary focus and role as Flexible GP Champions is to support you. They hope to do this in several ways such as:
- Be a first point of contact for any issues/concerns/questions you have in your role as a Flexible GP
- Streamline and support you in finding locum work - short, medium and longer term
- Develop Peer Support and Networking opportunities to form professional relationships with those working in a similar area
- Signpost to Continued Professional Development (CPD)
- Organise tailored Education & Training to support you in your role
- Share GP Mentoring Services and Health & Wellbeing Initiatives
- Signpost to substantive posts where applicable and wanted
- Improve access to on-line learning and mandatory training for Appraisal and Revalidation
They are a free service and work closely with Herefordshire and Worcestershire at ICB level. We are all working hard to develop novel, simple, user friendly on-line systems to make finding work of your choice as simple as clicking a few buttons.
Loretta and Ali hope to liaise with you - formally and informally, listen to your feedback, communicate with Practices/ICB on your behalf and improve your working lives!
They can be contacted via email:
In addition, Loretta and Ali describe their role and how locums can be supported in a short podcast here